An antidote to Black Friday = a 2.3M Reach
The Get Out Game was designed to go against Black Friday’s usual price-cut culture and as an antidote to the chaos of bargain hunting. It won the Gold Award for the Best Use of Social Media Channels at the IPM Awards 2017.
Richard Leedham, Berghaus brand president, explains the sentiment:
Black Friday has become a phenomenon that now seems to last a whole weekend, but this is not a development that reflects the values we hold dear at Berghaus. Rather than indulge in the discount shopping mayhem, we think that a healthier alternative – for body and soul – is to explore the outdoors. We appreciate that some people might need an incentive to do that, which is where the Get Out Game comes in.
– Elevate positioning, make the consumer feel alive by unlocking the outdoors
– Remain premium, move away from discount-led promotion
– Get noticed, achieve cut-through in a crowded competitive retail event
– Build emotional connection, immediate & ongoing consumer engagement
– Reached more than 2 million consumers
– More than 27,000 consumers actively engaged with the campaign
– PR coverage was significant including in The Guardian
– More than 300 consumers were inspired to join in the outdoors
– Clear consumer resonance with the campaign, many wild camped, set their alarms for 3am in a bid to find the Berghaus Flag